Steve Wynn Files Defamation Lawsuit Against Former Salon Director, Makes Early Exit from Wynn Las Vegas, Nevada Villa
Steve Wynn stays on the offensive in defending his character against numerous allegations of intimate misconduct. The billionaire accused former salon artistic director Jorgen Nielsen of defamation in a lawsuit filed Thursday in Clark County District Court.
Steve Wynn says Jorgen Nielsen, one of his former salon artistic directors, made false statements to the media.
Nielsen was 1 of 2 people to go on the record with The Wall Street Journal for its January bombshell that publicized decades of sexual allegations that are wrongdoing against the Las Vegas visionary. The former Wynn Las Vegas salon supervisor reported employees were terrified regarding the company owner.
‘In falsely accusing Mr. Wynn of sexual misconduct in the #MeToo period, Defendant Nielsen acted with the unlawful intent behind smearing Mr. Wynn and creating workplace problems for Mr. Wynn,’ the lawsuit declares.
Within the 27 WSJ expose, Nielsen is quoted as saying, ‘Everybody had been petrified. january’ The stylist claimed that both he and other hair salon workers told upper management about Steve Wynn’s alleged misconduct, but ‘nobody was there to assist us.’
Wynn Blames Ex-Wife
The Wall Street Journal piece ignited a relations that are public for Wynn and the organization. The surrounding scandal ultimately led to his resignation as CEO and chairman of the board although he continues to deny all allegations. He subsequently also sold his entire stake in Wynn Resorts, worth a lot more than $2 billion.
Now away from a working job and said to be fully eliminated from the business he founded in 2002, Wynn happens to be busy defending his reputation.
Their lawyers have argued that his wife that is former Elaine — with whom he founded the casino company in the early 2000s — had been the mastermind behind the WSJ story. The couple divorced for the second time in 2009, but only settled their legal battle this month.
Wynn maintains that Jorgen Nielsen was his ex-wife’s longtime personal stylist.
The lawsuit states that Nielsen’s reviews towards the WSJ arrived ‘at a time when he (Steve Wynn) was embroiled in highly contentious and litigation that is public his ex-wife, Elaine Wynn.’
Based on documents, Wynn delivered Nielsen a letter month that is last him a chance to ‘mitigate the harm he had caused by retracting his false statements.’ The lawsuit adds that Nielsen’s claims set down an ‘open season’ regarding the billionaire ‘where context and truth had been ignored, and his guilt was presumed based just on unverified accusations.’
Claims and Lawsuits
Following the January WSJ launch, extra reports and accusations surfaced challenging Steve Wynn’s once-upstanding reputation.
In February, the Las Las Vegas Review-Journal admitted it suppressed intimate misconduct claims 2 decades ago. Editors at the time at Nevada’s newspaper that is largest opted to kill the story after meeting with the billionaire, whom vehemently denied the rumors.
Additionally in February, the Associated Press reported that Steve Wynn allegedly raped a female in the 1970s, and that she later gave birth to his child in a gas station restroom. Wynn has since filed a lawsuit against the AP.
The AP and WSJ have both stated that they stay by their reporting.
Wynn Resorts has suffered due to the scandal. The company posted a loss that is net of204 million in Q1 of 2018.
On Friday, Steve Wynn moved out of the massive duplex property he had occupied at Wynn Las Vegas, which he had agreed to vacate as element of the company to his exit negotiation he founded. Although he technically had until June 1 to leave, their very early egress preceded a legal meeting between Wynn Resorts and the Massachusetts Gaming Commission (MGC), revolving around any residual imprint the former CEO might have over the newly renamed Encore Boston Harbor’s casino license.
Ocean Resort Casino Owner Describes Atlantic City Investment, Reveals Boardwalk Property Future
Ocean Resort Casino owner Bruce Deifik is hoping to gamblingprofessors.com transform the former Revel Atlantic City into a more welcoming property than its previous incarnation.
Ocean Resort Casino will be a much property that is different Revel, so says its owner. (Image: David Danzis/Press of Atlantic City)
‘ The thing that is first did is pay really close attention to what folks stated about this place, negative and positive,’ Deifik recently told the Associated Press. ‘ We shall listen … treat individuals with respect. Be glad they are here, and treat them as family people.’
‘ The primary distinction is a very different attitude concerning service to your customer. I think there was a huge disconnect there,’ Deifik continued.
Deifik’s incorporated characteristics, a colorado-based estate that is real whose profile includes North Las Vegas’ Lucky Club Hotel & Casino, bought the former enjoy January from Glenn Straub for $200 million.
The $2.4 billion Boardwalk giant was a fiscal nightmare for its original owners, which operated the venue at under two and a half years before shuttering it in 2014. Straub, a developer that is florida-based had a contentious relationship with Atlantic City officials, bought the resort in bankruptcy in 2015 for simply $82 million.
Revel was not well received whenever it opened in 2012. Guests complained about two-night minimal weekend stay requirements, an unwelcoming staff, confusing pedestrian flow patterns, no non-smoking areas, and overall ‘stuffy’ environment.
One visitor told the AP in that Revel safety treated visitors as if these people were in ‘Piccadilly and the queen ended up being about to arrive. january’
Deifik states Ocean Resort Casino will become more accommodating than its predecessor. Two-nights minimums are being done away with, more signage will direct visitors to where they want to go, new activities that are family-friendly be incorporated, and smokers won’t be shunned.
‘ I’m a non-smoker, but there are groups of people out there that are smokers and you have to be respectful to those social people if they come,’ Deifik explained.
Atlantic City gambling enterprises are allowed allowing smoking on 25 percent of their floors in designated areas.
In terms of non-gaming tourist attractions, Ocean Resort will feature indoor and pools that are outdoor nightclub, and the planet’s largest Topgolf Swing Suite. The property will offer numerous dining establishments including a Wahlburgers burger restaurant and ‘Cereal Town,’ a kid-focused eatery ‘where you’ll go and have cereal for dinner, and every kind of cereal from around the globe.’
Path to Gambling
Bruce Deifik isn’t saying just how money that is much’s investing into prepping Ocean Resort Casino for its second work. He also hasn’t confirmed rumors that the house is likely to open June 28, the day that is same nearby Hard Rock.
Rough Rock, the former Trump Taj Mahal, is spending significantly more than $500 million ridding the Indian-themed décor and transforming the house right into a resort that pays homage to New Jersey’s rich rock ‘n’ roll history.
Neighborhood gaming regulators, however, say they are still licensing that is awaiting. The Press of Atlantic City reports that once received, investigators at the state Division of Gaming Enforcement will just then begin vetting the ownership that is new upper administration before issuing a gaming license (presuming all conditions are satisfied).
Wynn Resorts Renames Massachusetts Casino Encore Boston Harbor
Wynn Resorts CEO Matt Maddox appeared before the Massachusetts Gaming Commission (MGC) this week, in which he arrived bearing critical news.
Matt Maddox did his best to defend the reputation of Wynn Resorts, an ongoing business he’s worked with since its beginning. (Image: Cathleen Allison/Las Las Vegas Review-Journal)
The leader who replaced Steve Wynn in the wake of numerous allegations of intimate misconduct made from the billionaire, Maddox told the MGC that ‘this company is not about a man. It’sn’t been about a person for 18 years.’
‘Steve Wynn is maybe not Wynn Resorts,’ Maddox asserted.
Despite the CEO’s claim, he proposed to your state gaming regulator that they approve the company’s demand to rebrand its unfinished $2.5 billion casino that is integrated project being integrated Everett.
‘We wish to suggest that we change our name to Encore Boston Harbor,’ Maddox told the payment. Encore became the sister brand to Wynn Resorts ten years ago in Las Vegas, and has since been extended to Macau.
Rumors emerged that Wynn Boston Harbor might take the Encore brand name when the company recently began buying many online domains EncoreBoston that is including HarborCasino.com EncoreBostonJobs.com, and EncoreBostonResort.com.
Maddox on Defensive
Matt Maddox appeared before the Massachusetts Gaming Commission in an attempt to relax concerns regarding Wynn Resorts’ suitability to own a casino permit within the state. The executive said throughout the MGC Adjudicatory Hearing that the business has been, and always is, much bigger than one man.
‘I don’t want people to believe Wynn is associated with a person,’ Maddox claimed. ‘Yes, it’s a man’s last title, but it’s a brand name.’
‘We polled hundreds and hundreds of customers checking into our hotels, and 60 percent of them had never heard of Steve Wynn. Forty percent had heard of him and had heard about allegations, and of that, 90 percent associated with the 40 per cent said ‘we love the home, we love the ongoing solution, we love the foodstuff. We don’t care who’s running it.”